Thursday, January 11, 2007

 

neighbors

A Kenyan family lives in the apartment above me, and the middle child is Walter. Walter is 6 and very self confident and curious. Today he ate some of my toothpaste before i could stop him. sigh.

walter...You must think a lot.
me.... um, what
walter... You live alone. You must just think a lot.

walter to Julia, who is mexican american.... You look Japanese.
julia...Actually, I am mexican.
walter...Well, you look Japanese.
julia....Is it because of my eyes
walter....No.
julia...Is it because of my hair
walter....No. It is your face. You just look Japanese.

I am currently "setting boundaries" (ie, don't eat my toothpaste) with Walter. He certainly is an interesting person to know!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]