Thursday, January 11, 2007

 

hooray!

i have a library card! after several months of waiting, i am in possession of a library card to the Kenyan National Reference and Lending Library. It is sort of a sad place, with lots of books donated by the authors during the 1950s, but books is books, and there are still plenty of books to read in the place. Today I checked out a novel by Wole Soyinka, bc i somehow have not yet read anything by him, and The Stepford Wives because i was curious what it was like and also tired of trying to search through the novel stacks which are really close to desks full of Kenyans studying. The Stepford Wives isnt bad. Short and creepy.
Library! I wonder if I like libraries so much because I have commitment issues.
Every time I have been in the library, it has been chock full of Kenyans, who are reading and studying and filling out forms. Way more utilized than even the law school library right before finals, because the seats and desks are really packed in there. I like being in a highly utilized library.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]