Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

Christmas List!

Is it too early to be talking about Christmas? Maybe, maybe. But then, maybe not. And it’s on my mind for some reason. So, if you’re wondering, here are some thoughts...
- a card or letter from you! - it’s a bit different to have someone’s actual handwriting. A lot more better than an email (not that emails aren’t great too.)
- pictures!
- music - anything you’d like to share.
- Spirited Away, or anything else by that director (Howl’s Moving Castle, The Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro). Not so much available in Nairobi.
- if you have a copy of Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World (Haruki Murakami) sitting around, I’ve just been feeling like reading it for a couple months and have even asked around at bookstores, but only one place had anything by him, and it was the latest one - Kafka on the Shore - which is okay but not, to me, as good. If you have other books you feel like sending, that’d be welcome too. :-)
- socks - Hard to find and quite expensive here. And mine are starting to get holes (maybe because i was a little too vigorous at the beginning with the whole hand-washing thing).

Okay now. And if you want something specific from Kenya, you just let me know.

Comments:
I'm pretty sure I still have the copy of Hard Boiled Wonderland that you gave me. It will be on its way soon! Maybe accompanied by a mix CD packed in socks? We can only hope.
 
Hope that you had a happy Thanksgiving.
 
Spirited Away and Howl's Castle are on their way to Nairobi. But, let's be sure to send pictures and letters! - Jack
 
Hi!!! Did you get your sea turtle calendar from Kroo, Brenda, and me? It is a Hawaii special....we missed you there!! I hope the light still shines in the not-so-dark continent. I get plenty of sunshine in sunny so-cal, but I do miss the tropical rain. More later...probably in a real ol'fashioned letter. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]