Monday, October 30, 2006

 

A New Idea for MCC

John and Julia (MCC Sudan), they are great. And they also pay attention to things like Clothes, and How to Look Professional. They helped me find some Professional Clothes that Suit Me at Toi Market, which is a big ol’ used clothing market here in Kenya (see blog on used clothes. yes, i am benefiting). Not only did they help me pick out clothes, but they told me why those clothes were proper and good for me, and why others are not. Unfortunately, I didn’t take notes, and it was all a little bit overwhelming, but i think i’ve remembered the main points.

It occurred to me that I may not be alone - an MCC volunteer trying to be taken seriously but not quite able to show up dressed appropriately for meetings with other NGOs and the like. I’m thinking...new MCC position! Travel the world, helping MCC volunteers dress from their local used clothing markets.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]